Summary of our system of control from Sep 2020 to support parents understanding
This is the set of actions early years settings must take. They are outlined in more detail below.
1) minimise contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend settings
2) clean hands thoroughly more often than usual
3) ensure good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
4) introduce enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often using standard products, such as detergents and bleach
5) minimise contact between groups where possible
6) where necessary, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
Numbers 1 to 4 must be in place in all settings, all the time.
Number 5 must be properly considered, and settings must put in place measures that suit their particular circumstances.
Number 6 applies in all specific circumstances.
Response to any infection:
7) engage with the NHS Test and Trace process
8) manage confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) amongst the setting community
9) contain any outbreak by following local health protection team advice
10) notify Ofsted
Please click Srolling Banner (top of Home page) for updates